Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro with 4 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VanPiaCan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Totally unrelated to my problem but I am from the state of Georgia in the USA. For some reason my time zone not listed to choose. Problem: installation of my Arlo Pro with 4 cameras accomplished on July 9,2017 this past Sunday. Was pleased. Worked well. Received email alerts about motion detected and Arlo app also notified me of activity all day and night. Videos went to library as they should. Yesterday and today, July 10 & 11 system didn't send any alerts (email or Arlo) and didnt't update library items until 8 am EST AND stopped sending any alerts (email and Arlo) and no new videos in library after 5:57 pm yesterday and today. Arlo base mode is set to Armed. The disarmed, schedule and geofencing are not selected. While there are time ranges in the schedule mode, the mode itself is not on (the circle is not green). I have downloaded the user manual and intend to research for this problem. But screens/app are pretty straight forward and I thought intuitive. Cameras are fully charged, all lights on the base are green and very strong wifi signal for each camera and system. Hope someone can help me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

VanPiaCan wrote:
I must not be knowledgeable enough to know that is my time zone. I started the post at 8 pm and thought the 5:00 was a reference to the actual time.

UTC-5:00 means there's a 5 hour lag from UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).  The standard starts at the Greenwich Meridian in England and time is measured from there.  A -5:00 hour offset means your local time is 5 hours earlier than that at the Meridian - 12:00AM at the Meridian is 7:00PM at your location.  Obviously, those locations to the east of the meridian use + notation so +5:00 would mean 5:00AM in those places.  The reason for the :00 is that some places use a 30 minute (or :30) additional offset.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboututc.html

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
VanPiaCan
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What's wrong with UTC -5:00 Eastern Time Us and Canada?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
For the not recording issue, try power cycling the base.
VanPiaCan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I must not be knowledgeable enough to know that is my time zone. I started the post at 8 pm and thought the 5:00 was a reference to the actual time.
VanPiaCan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Power cycling the base? What does that entail? Thank you.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pushing the power button OFF then ON and let the base reboot

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

VanPiaCan wrote:

UTC-5:00 means there's a 5 hour lag from UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).  The standard starts at the Greenwich Meridian in England and time is measured from there.  A -5:00 hour offset means your local time is 5 hours earlier than that at the Meridian - 12:00AM at the Meridian is 7:00PM at your location.  Obviously, those locations to the east of the meridian use + notation so +5:00 would mean 5:00AM in those places.  The reason for the :00 is that some places use a 30 minute (or :30) additional offset.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboututc.html

VanPiaCan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Many thanks for the input.
VanPiaCan
Aspirant
Aspirant
My take away here is reboot is also recycle. I did that this morn and everything back. I hope that also means nothing will quit working about 4.5 hours from now. Thanks for the feedback.