Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro switching to disarm mode in about 2-3 hours later

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kejohnson
Follower
Follower

My system changed to "Disarm" in about 2 - 3 hours of setting it to any other mode. I can set it to a custom "Nighttime" or "Daytime", or use the Smarthing mode. I have made sure none of the Smartthings are on a shedule or mess with the cameras. Very frustrating as I used to just set it to nighttime before bed and daytime when I woke up. Now if I check it when I wake up at night, it is always disarmed.

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@kejohnson

I do not have a clue about why your Arlo system is disarming after a few hours, but as a fellow Smartthings user, let me tell you how my systems are set up and a little explanation of thow the two systems work - they work just the opposite from one another, that might help you troubleshoot your problem. I know nothing in Smartthings that will change the Arlo modes.

I recommend leaving the Arlo system in the Armed mode all the time and controlling everything through Smartthings with routines. You can use the Goodbye routine to activate all the cameras when you leave home. Use the Goodnight routine for your Night settings, Good Morning routine to deactivate all of the cameras and the I'm Back routine to leave some of the cameras activated while turning deactivating others and of coourse, you can create custom routines as needed.

Quick explanation on how the two systems work differently. Arlo assumes that the cameras will be active all the time and be controlled with modes and rules. Smartthings, on the other hand basically activates/deactivates the selected cameras in a routine, or, in other words, Smartthings changes the state of the on/off slider switch on the selected cameras and only needs one Arlo mode to work, which is why you can leave Arlo in the Armed mode all the time with no consequences. So, although Arlo is in the Armed mode if Smartthings changes the state of the on/off slider switch for a selected camera, the camera is basically disarmed and won't detect motion or record video.

Once you have used the Arlo Connect app in Smartthings to link the two systems together, and which creates the Smartthings mode in Arlo, you can delete the Smartthings mode. It is buggy anyway.

It is safer to use the method I use as Arlo can change the mode, but if Smartthings has the cameras in the disabled state, you will not know it and you will not detect any motion or record any videos. When Arlo changes the mode, it does not look to see if any of the associated cameras are active or disabled and thus, will not warn you if the cameras are in the wrong state.

Try and do what I suggest and see if you still have a problem. Hope I have helped,

Brian

Thyg0d
Apprentice
Apprentice

This sorted the disarm issue for me so it's definitely something to try.. Mine still doesn't record on more than 3 cameras at a time for some reason but that's another issue.. 🙂