Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Morksu
Follower
Follower
I have found that sound from Arlo pro to the mobile oneplus 3 is excellent. However the sound (push to talk) from mobile to Arlo only works intermittently, i. e sometimes the whole sentence can be heard, another times just half a word.

After contact with support the problem appeared to be with the mic screenbutton being sensitive and not pressed correctly the whole time. However, the intermittent sound appears on both oneplus 3 and one plus 5T.

I then tried a google Nexus phone and have excellent sound in both directions. So this leads me to believe that the problem somehow lies with the oneplus phones.

Anybody who have a similar problem? Suggestion to solve the problem?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With the many different phones and os, there has been issue with audio now and then...

some is/appears to be phone specific some not... some have to do with the 'noise canceling ' built into the phones ( some can be turn off ; privacy mode or similar )

What has worked for some in the past is to try an external mic... like a mic on earbuds.  Don't know if it will work for you, but if you have one it's worth the try.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same issue, OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5... wish I could get a solution to this. Its my biggest gripe about the system.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I'm an Android user (no iOS here, ever), the fragmentation of Android has always been an issue. That's why I always try to use pure Android via Google devices rather than the flavor of the day. Customizations can cause incompatibilites.

Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've actually tried the push to talk on my wife's iPhone 5S (which worked fine in the past and running the latest IOS version) and its also not working anymore. Same issue as on Android. So, something strange going on with push to talk at the moment? Is anybody having success with push to talk?!