Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro solar panel "the device attached cannot charge your device..."

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jellotot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 total Arlo pro with one using the Arlo Solar panel.  the panel charges the camera and then every few weeks I get the error message "the device attached cannot charge your device..."

If I unplug the cable and re-connect, it will charge fine and then again in a few weeks I get the error again.  any ideas, suggestions?  I've tried removing, re-syncing, etc and it works fine for just a few weks

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would reach out to Netgear Support.... this isn't normal but I don't have an answer

( bottom of page ) https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I used to get that error but I think it was fixed with a firmware update. When I did get the error, it was during low light periods. Probably enough light to make some voltage/current but not enough light to charge the camera

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jellotot,

As steve_t mentioned, this could be happening due to the positioning of the Solar Panel (not enough light).

Take a look at these positioning tips for best performance:

How do I set up the Arlo Solar Panel to power my Arlo Pro Wire-Free or Arlo Go camera?

My Arlo Solar Panel is not charging my Arlo Go or Arlo Pro camera battery; what do I do?

JamesC

jellotot
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks, but I do not believe it has anything to do with the angle. its getting sufficient light, otherwise I would not get the error.    I've chatted with online support and swapped cameras.  Hopefully this stops happening every few weeks.  I have plans on buying 2 additional solar panels to place on my other southern exposure cameras