Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kimsharee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to set up my arlo pro cameras but can not find the opt on the app

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Kimsharee

Please provide us with a little more details about what you are trying to do. Are you trying to add the cameras to an existing system, or are you trying to set up a completely new system.

If you are adding the cameras to an existing system, go tho the Devices section of the app. At the bottom of the page, you will see a picture of a camera with the words Add Device unter that picture. On the next page click on the camera pictures that say Arlo Wirw Free and follow the directions in the app.

Brian

Kimsharee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks for reply but im trying to phone the smart ph app to set up the cameras that came with the unit for the initial set up. It says use the arlo app but that doesnt have the arlo pro camera option to choose from to continue setting up.
😊

brh
Master
Master

@Kimsharee

I don't thnk that matters. If you folllowed my instructions before, the next step is to select your base and then start the sync process for the cameras by pressing the sync button on the base briefly, (not for two seconds as listed in the manual). Then sync the cameras one at a time.  Repeat the process for each camera.

Since you can sync any of the Wire Free, Pro and Pro 2 cameras to any base unit, Arlo will not distinguish between the models. The base station will sort that out.

Brian

Kimsharee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that step the cameras each flashed blue rapidly to say it was successful but i have no way to access to see if it is working/recording as there is no link on app to view.. if that makes any sense

brh
Master
Master

@Kimsharee

The rapid blue flashing light for three seconds just means that the camera has power. While it is syncing, the light on the camera will flash blue slowly. If the camera flashed for rapidly after syncing, then the camera has synced to the base station.

OK, Step by step, what are the lights on the base station showing starting from left to right?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Kimsharee

If the cameras are synced to the base station, in the Devices page you should see all of the cameras. To set them up you can click on the little gear icon above the picture of each camera.

You can do more customization in the Mode section and more settings in the Settings section.

If you are not seeing the cameras in the Device section then we need to troubleshoot why not.

Brian