Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Donnadags
Guide
Guide

Now it says it’s time to change your batteries. How is that even possible? All 5 cameras?  To which I was told the same thing as the battery drain to check with my isp to change the channel.    What the heck is going on?!

55 REPLIES 55
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

A new firmware release is now available that will help resolve the issue.

We appreciate your patience as the development team has worked to resolve this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The firmware on your cameras will automatically be updated between 3 am to 5 am PST. 

Please be aware that if your cameras or base station are offline or actively recording during that window, they may not receive the update.  If you do not receive the update during that window, you can go to Settings > My Devices in the Arlo app, and from there choose to install the new update. 

For information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Pro - 1.092.0.17_25364 -12th August 2018

Arlo Pro 2 - 1.125.11.1_25366 -12th August 2018

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@JessicaP wrote:

Hey everyone,

A new firmware release is now available that will help resolve the issue.

We appreciate your patience as the development team has worked to resolve this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The firmware on your cameras will automatically be updated between 3 am to 5 am PST. 

Please be aware that if your cameras or base station are offline or actively recording during that window, they may not receive the update.  If you do not receive the update during that window, you can go to Settings > My Devices in the Arlo app, and from there choose to install the new update. 

For information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Pro - 1.092.0.17_25364 -12th August 2018

Arlo Pro 2 - 1.125.11.1_25366 -12th August 2018

Okay, we have it. 

Is any work being done on the battery issues with the standard Arlo?

How about with the Android app that suffers from awful buffering since the last update?

Fertigulator
Star
Star

I am not using batteries in my cameras, they are hard wired using the alro USB. One of my cameras keeps throwing the "It's time to change your batteries" warning. I climb a latter, unplug the usb, plug it back in and it operates fine for about 10 hours, then it's back to throwing that warning. 

If it's directly plugged in, how is it telling me to change my batteries? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting your base.

Fertigulator
Star
Star

I've tried rebooting base, disconnecting camera and re-syncing. Brought camera inside and even put a battery in it, re-synced, then removed battery and took back outside and installed. Could this be a firmware issue or a hardware issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does sound like a hardware problem. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx