Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
5nahalf
Guide
Guide

I just got my new alro pro system (3 camera) and Im wondering about heaving a "always on" display that I can put in the closet by my front door.

I see that when you log into the account on another device(phone), it kicks you out of the first device(tablet)

I would like to hang a tablet in my closet thats near the front door, so when someone is at the door, we can just look at the screen and see who it is / talk to them.

I am ok with having to log in each time I check the tablet, but I would love it if when I turned on the tablet, it was just on and viewing a camera (still have to push "live view" button).

I have a bunch of older ipads and android tablets just collecting dust that I would love to use for this.

Maybe a future feature you guys could look into?

7 REPLIES 7
x-man
Luminary
Luminary

You have to create an own mailadress for you tablet. Then grant access for this mailaddress with your mainaccount. Now you can have an own login for your tablet so the tablet will never logged out..

But there is another problem: I have also a tablet on the wall near frontdoor to see everything hear. But my problem is that if the app is running 24h on the surface the app crashes after a while..

Can you please check if you have the same problem? i am using an android tablet. Which os you are using?

5nahalf
Guide
Guide

I have a Nvidia shield tablet, it runs Android 7, but I also have a few iPads.

I will run some tests to see which one can run the app 24/7 without crashing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Don't forget that the app will time out after 10 minutes or so of no one manipulating the interface.
x-man
Luminary
Luminary

hmm.. there is no timeout on my tab... just a crash after some hours.. i created a ticket regarding this already and i think the developer are currently working on it.. it would be interesting if there are crashes on ipads, too, or if this is only an android problem.

x-man
Luminary
Luminary

I got the answer from support now:

yes, you are right. Its the session time.. They dont have a solution for it. Only a suggestion to use an app that restarts the arlo app..

5nahalf
Guide
Guide

hmmmm.....

Im a software engineer so I may look into fixing this.

If I can make a android app that just loads the web version of the website, I may look into building my own and posting it.

Might take me some time to build though as time is not on my side with 2 young kids and a full time job.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Might take me some time to build though as time is not on my side with 2 young kids and a full time job.

Good luck.... been there , done that, have the Tee-shirt... still wonder how I got anything done !

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------