Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro or arlo

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drcnote
Follower
Follower
I have the regular arlo cameras , is it worth the upgrade to arlo pro? What's the difference?
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Drcnote wrote:
I have the regular arlo cameras , is it worth the upgrade to arlo pro? What's the difference?

Well the Pro model is faster in response to motion and has a lower lag from trigger event to recording.

Pro also uses a rechareable battery pack.  Some users have stated the range is less than the regular Arlo, but I haven't see that as an issue.

Remember, you can get one Pro unit and run it on the regular base and see how you like it ...it will still have audio ( no alarm sirem and local record as those are on the Pro base )

OR get a single cam and Pro base... then get all the options of the newr base unit and move your Arlo cams over to the new base.

As a last note, if you have two bases you can expand you area of coverage ( only true way ) and there is no limits as to the number of bases

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Techlore
Apprentice
Apprentice

There are several features added to the Arlo Pro. If they are something you need then you can consider(check out the page below).

Here is a pretty helpful page:

https://smarthomesolver.com/reviews/arlo-vs-arlo-pro/

If you are looking for the rechargeable battery feature - the regular Arlo now offers approved batteries.

Many people seem to be happy with the Arlo. If it isn't broke don't fix it. But like I said if you need the new features like two way audio then you should consider.