Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lsomm
Follower
Follower
Recently I have had major issues with my arlo pro canera dropping offline. Once it does so it does not want to reconnect to the base station when i try to sync it. If i were to run an ethernet cable to my garage and plug the base station in near where the camera is located would this help. Even though the camera right now is within the 300 ft max distance of the base station.
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Lsomm wrote:
Recently I have had major issues with my arlo pro canera dropping offline. Once it does so it does not want to reconnect to the base station when i try to sync it. If i were to run an ethernet cable to my garage and plug the base station in near where the camera is located would this help. Even though the camera right now is within the 300 ft max distance of the base station.

Distance of 300ft is the BEST case distance.... when wifi in the 2.4g range travels thru wall, duc work, mirrors, etc the distance can be much shorter.

So the first question is , what is the signal icon show ing / how many bars ?

To answe your question , Yes, you can run etherent to centrally locate the base for best signals to all cams  OR some have used wifi extenders off their home wifi to hook the base into ( extender with an ethernet port )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------