Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo pro offline. One of my cameras has been offline for two days how can I get it to reboot

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gmangolf1
Aspirant
Aspirant

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you talking remotely, you can't. You can only remotely restart the base.

As to if local...

1) unpower the camera by removing the battery, re-install same, try and re-sync again

2) if #1 doesn't work, go to SETTINGS, use REMOVE DEVICE, power reboot the base, open and remove battery and replace, resync as if new.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
gmangolf1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac.  This worked for about 3 hours and then it went back off line.     This camera has been working fine for 2 weeks and now it won't stay on line

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Two more thhings before you contact Netgear Support...

1) Swap the troubled camera with one other to make sure it's not location... does the problem follow the camera

2) test the camera by pulling the battery and using the adapter and power on AC only, see if it still drops out.

At least you'l have tried all options and will have a good basis for possible replacement when you call/email.

Morse is faster than texting!
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
swap it with one of your other cameras to see if that works. what is the battery% of the infected camera.
EnzoX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did it work for you? I just removed the battery from the offline cam for about 5 min and pushed it back in... it's been working since...