Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro not working , after putting recharged battery in nut plugged in works

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sambatts5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,
I have 3 arlo pro camera’s with the rechargeable batteries. They working and i had to charge the battery. I charged the battery and it did not work, it just stopped working and so I thought the batteries were no good. I bought new batteries, charged them put them back in and the camera’s are still not working. But if i plug them in with the charging cord they work. What can i do. What is wrong with them, or is there anything wrong with them? how can i fix this. Please help me.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check/clean the contacts on both the battery as well as the camera. It sounds like something could be preventing the contact. WHen inserting the battery does the camera give a brief blue flash, indicating power has been connected?

If all else fails, use the app to go to Settings, Support. Choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support for a possible RMA.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since they work with the power cord, I'd lean towards the batteries....

1) are they Arlo batteries or a third party?

2) have you tried to GENTLY clean the terminals inside the camera with a pencil eraser ? ( and or the terminals on the batteries )

3) does it happen with ALL the batteries

4) do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage of the batteries? ( should be about 8.2-8.4 off charge, IIRC )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sambatts5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you , but that did not work. Any other suggestions?

Sambatts5
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happens with all the batteries. I bought Arlo replacement ones.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can't say for sure but it could well be a faulty camera. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT.