Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro, not actvating

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Gayled
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have purchased an additional camera,  an Arlo pro and after adding to WiFi Base. (3 cameras and 2 available ) on system. The new arlo pro will not activate. When going to 'Manage camera status' and trying to activate...it's doesn't seem to be available, as in not highlighted to drop camera into box. Have deleted camera and re-installed but no change. Anyone able to help please.....have tried this on my Samsung7 phone and Samsung tab4, a few more details come up on tab4 but no difference in other details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You should be able to sync it and have it in your devices if you have only 3 cameras excluding the new one. You shouldn't need to go to the Manage Camera Status menu. Just hit sync on the base station so the green LED blinks. Hit sync on the camera briefly so the blue LED blinks and wait for them to pair. Then the camera should just appear in your Devices list

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You should be able to sync it and have it in your devices if you have only 3 cameras excluding the new one. You shouldn't need to go to the Manage Camera Status menu. Just hit sync on the base station so the green LED blinks. Hit sync on the camera briefly so the blue LED blinks and wait for them to pair. Then the camera should just appear in your Devices list

Gayled
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks steve_t, 

Have resync'd the arlo pro successfully.......but cannot save the change for motion, just goes back to 50% and does not detect movement at all. Don't know if you can help me with this one......

steve_t
Master Master
Master

When you edit the rule for the camera and then click the pencil or > to the right of the the Detect Motion box to select the motion sensitivity, sometimes after you alter the sensitivity, you need to click to go back a page to find the save button. Weird layout but that's how it works currently