Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nwilliams151
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I've just received a Arlo Pro Wire-Free HD security camera, but I cannot get the camera to sync with the base. I've tried multiple times without any luck.  The base shows 3 green lights. When I press the sync button on the base the green light does begin blinking. I then press the sync button (I've tried this step using various time intervals) however, the blue light does not begin to blink. I suspected that maybe the battery needed to be charged so I charged it. The blue light will begin to blink (slowly) when I connect the camera to the 120V power source. I've removed the battery and let it sit for 2+ minutes and reinstall the battery thinking that may help, but nothing that I've tried seems to work. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 3 green LEDs indicates that at least one camera is synced. However, you seem to indicate that you may have a battery problem. Try plugging the camera in and syncing. If that works but you can't get the camera to operate with the battery installed but no external power, I'd say you have a bad battery. 

Nwilliams151
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update : The three green lights are lit on the base. I push the sync Button and the 3rd green light begins to blink. I push the sync button on the Camera eventually the camera will flash the blue light (slowly) and then the cAmera blue light will begin to flash fast. As soon at the camera begins flashing the blue light fast the 3rd green light on the base will become a solid green lIght. I have the camera plugged into the outlet and I'm able to get the bluE light to flash.

What will happen when the camera is properly sync 'd? Where will the image from the camera show up? When I push the "device" tab on the bottom of the app it says, "add a device". Not sure where the image will show up when properly iNstalled.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should have a placeholder on the Devices tab until you utilize the camera in some way (live view or a recording) and it should show up in Settings, My Devices as well as a few other spots. Since you don't seem to have this, press the reset button on the base and remove anything you have in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base back into your account and sync the camera(s). If that doesn't work, the system has a problem and should be swapped at the store.