Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro missing camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cgarza17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Outside mounted camera has dislodged and pet or varment carried it away. It is still in range because it is recording. However it has no discerning view and has not changed for one week. 

Is there a way to locate my camera? I've exhausted all possible locations. Also, is there a distance limit from the base where it would stop recording?

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Not sure how to locate it but it will normally operate within 300 feet line of sight. If you can see how many bars of signal strength it has, that'll give you a general 3D radius for the camera

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you activate live view?  That may help as you walk around trying to find it.

Cgarza17
Aspirant
Aspirant

The radius is showing only one bar. Any idea how far I should start looking?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One bar can be caused by distance or blockage of the signal.  I'd try starting where it was mounted and slowly work out to 75 feet or so although it is possible it could be further out if the signal has nothing interfering with it.  Use live view at the same time so you can monitor shadows or even yourself in the view, giving a relative indication that you're close.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Take one of your other cameras ... and watch the signal level on a phone when walking around... they should when having same level give you a better idea as to the missing cams location 

Also since it's a pro... can you use the audio function to listen ( ear buds ) or talk and listen for voice/whistle

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

TomMac wrote:

Take one of your other cameras ... and watch the signal level on a phone when walking around... they should when having same level give you a better idea as to the missing cams location 

Also since it's a pro... can you use the audio function to listen ( ear buds ) or talk and listen for voice/whistle

I was just about to say these!