Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro keeps going offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sherron
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the arlo pro 2 camera yesterday, not even 24 hours and I'm highly upset tryjng to figure this out.. the support team behind them will not get back to me. Camera one works perfectly. Camera two keeps going offline after only 30 mins! I've reset, I've swapped batteries. When I remove to another location and try to sync it will not work unless I take the battery out and replace it. Then it blinks and turns back on. Sometimes won't even turn back on. Both battery's are still 95% full. I'm so desperate for help
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.. the battery when its pulled out , resets the camera.

Take the trouble camera and move it within 20 ft of the base, pull battery and run it from the adapter and cable only to confirm its the camera and not the battery...

If it continues, either take it back or put in a trouble ticket with Netgear for possible replacement.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sherron
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't bring it back, I stupidly threw box and receipt out thinking once I got it all set up and hooked up it would continue to work. And I'm not really sure what you mean by pulling the battery and running it from the adapter? Sorry... I'm not good with these things. I have removed the battery from it.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sherron wrote:
I can't bring it back, I stupidly threw box and receipt out thinking once I got it all set up and hooked up it would continue to work. And I'm not really sure what you mean by pulling the battery and running it from the adapter? Sorry... I'm not good with these things. I have removed the battery from it.

The PRO unit has a battery pack... if you pull it out, you can run it on the ac adapter and cable... the port is in the back near bottom of camera ...same port used to charge it

If it works fine with the adapter , then the battery is bad or questionable... If it goes out again with ac, then contact Netgear Support for replacment

Morse is faster than texting!