Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro - increase recording time

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

I have my Arlo Pro system for about a month.  When I first set it up, I was able to set each camera to record "as long as motion is detected".  I now notice that option is no longer available on the app or desktop version.  You only have the option to record up to 120 seconds.  What happened to the "Record as long as motion is detected"??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Supposedly it's coming back. Hold your breath...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That has been removed since it wasn't working right.
trebor711
Luminary
Luminary
Yes, I did notice it never worked correctly but it was a great thought. So you know if there are any plans to bring that feature back and in working order? I really liked that option!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Supposedly it's coming back. Hold your breath...
Saintperez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, my record time is very short maybe 30 seconds after motion is detected. How can I increase that time?

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

Saintperez wrote:

Hi, my record time is very short maybe 30 seconds after motion is detected. How can I increase that time?

It is simple to have your camera record longer times...up to 120 seconds (presently), although there are a few steps you have to take to acomplish this.

First, open your Arlo app.  Then go to the MODE tab.  There you will see the different camera settings available.  Choose the MODE you want to edit...for instance ARMED.  Select the edit button (usually a pencil icon).  Next, choose the edit button on the camera you want to increase the recording time.  Choose the edit button on the RECORD VIDEO and slide the slider to the amount of time for recording.  When you are done, do not forget to SAVE your changes.

Tgarlepp
Tutor
Tutor

There is no way to save, using "back" takes me back past the page with the save button. Uggg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Correct. Go back a page a d save the rule. If available, be sure to save the mode, too.
Probbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi can the record time be extended from 10 seconds to 20/30 seconds
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Asked and answered many times here as well in the FAQs here. Use the mode tab, select you base and edit your modes, probably the Armed mode. All settings are in there. Be sure o save as you back out. The FAQs have full details.