Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro has stopped recording to the library

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have an Arlo pro camera and base unit and it has stopped recording into the library and I've been told I now need a subscription? I've had the system four years. Is this the case?

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, it still should be recording for the normal 7 days.

Maybe re-start the base ( power off-on ) in NG, then the camera by pulling battery, replace.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. I have just tried this and unfortunately it's not fixed the problem. The app is showing I need to use a usb stick for local storage or pay for subscription but surely that can't be correct after having the camera for more than four years and having the 7 day recording 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TomMac_0-1681486416745.png

See above...

I did notice others having issues with recording on the forum, not sure if related to your problem.

Also try and check via the browser at  my.arlo.com   see if still an issue

Morse is faster than texting!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I've looked at the other posts and they seem to say the pro cameras should still have 7 days storage. I've reset the base unit but it is still now working. Does anyone know how to fix this problem please? I've tried technical support and was told I have to buy a subscription but the forum posts say it should be free storage

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I've tried technical support and was told I have to buy a subscription but the forum posts say it should be free storage

How many cameras do you have?

Did you try removing a camera from the account, and then adding it back?

You might want to confirm the camera model.  Open the housing, and remove the battery - there's a label inside.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have just checked and it is an Arlo pro vmc4030. I will try to remove and add to see if that fixes it

Yaoming
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am facing the similar issue. I just returned from a vacation,  noticed that it has stopped recording locally since 4/16. I have 3 cameras, it had been working for a few years until 4/16.

The error appears that it doesn't think there is a usb drive. 

Two years ago, after a firmware update,  the video doorbell stopped working (couldn't connect to base). I hope this will not turn to be the same result.  

builthatch
Tutor
Tutor

mine stopped recording to the drive a few days ago after working fine for years. there was just a firmware update for the base. i complained on facebook, on one of their paid ads that came up in my feed, and arlo actually had a tech reach out on the phone. it was legit, it was Arlo's number. i missed him. he wants to discuss so he can create a ticket for the development team, because this HAS to be a firmware issue. I made a post about this in here before i complained on social media. 

Yaoming
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's such a BS that you have to pay to get support for their products you already paid for.  If you have any update, please update in this thread. Thanks.

Yaoming
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work again. I reformatted the USB drive on PC, and then formatted it again in my.arlo.com.

Before formatting, I could browse all the files in USB drive without problems.

OldDogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a recent base station firmware update, my Pro 2 cameras record perfectly for 3 or 4 days and then stop recording to my library.

Clicking on one of the cameras in "device" mode first provides a cryptic message.  A second click shows a live image that does not record to the library.

Attempting to reboot from the browser yields a message that "the camera is busy" and can't reboot.

Manual base station rebooting solves the problem for a few days and it then recurs a few days later.

Has anyone encountered this issue and come up with a solution?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may help to know what the cryptic error message is.

OldDogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the delayed response.

I didn't recall what the cryptic message stated and reformatting the attached USB drive seems to have eliminated the issue.

Thanks.