Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro doesnt detect ALL motion

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
One of my cameras (facing the front of my house) used to detect all motion (vehicles, bords, squirrels, wind blowing bushes, etc). I still get people coming to the door, animals, wind... but my camera has stopped detecting vehicles going up/down my driveway. It isnt until someone parks and exits their vehicle that any motion is detected. I leave every morning and return, but that is never detected.
9 REPLIES 9
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I have the same problem with a camera of ours. I have removed it, added it, turned the motion up and down, turned it to off then back to on, charged it, switched batteries, and cleaned the lens, all to no avail. We have 3 cams to cover one view just to see the ongoing motion, especially with the delay in recording start we now have system wide.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
Again, the front door camera stopped detecting motion that is not directly in front of the camera (about 5-10' away). When first installed, it would detect my neighbors coming and going. Now, it only detects someone walking up to my front door. This happened last year too. I had to remove the device completely and reinstall it. Obviously something else is causing this if it has happened yet again
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wolfy13

Did you adjust the viewing angle or sensitivity by chance? Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity to pick motion further away?

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
I never touch the settings after initial adjustments
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
My front facing camera hasnt recorded anything in 9 days (people have come /gone right through my front door, driven up and down the driveway). This has been an ongoing issue with this camera. It usually records motion as far as my neighbors garage, but now nothing. I can watch the live feed and the other 2 cameras connected to the same wifi work perfectly.
BlueoceanRoss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue right now with my Front door camera.  all my other cams record and detect.  I verified the front door cam does indeed detect motion by doing the motion detect test.  Not sure.... still working on it.  I just removed and readded the cam.  lets see if that works

BlueoceanRoss
Aspirant
Aspirant

it worked.  Try doing that.  removed the device and re-sync it to the base unit

tm12
Guide
Guide

Same problem as I have and it occurs in the meantime every 2 or 3 days and I have more than 10 cams; only solution is hardware reset base station and to add each cam again; it takes me always hours .... Arlo Support simply does not take care for their bad software!!!