Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro does not respond to movement

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MdeMK
Tutor
Tutor
I just bought a arlo pro set with two camera's. One camera does not seem to respond to movement, it does respond to audio sometimes. Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MdeMK
Tutor
Tutor

I returned the set and got a new one. This one does not have this problem, and works perfectly. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Move the camera close to the base and test again.  Check in Settings, My Devices, your camera to see if there is a firmware update available and whether it's the same version as the other camera.  Compare all versions (including the base) to those posted in the Relase Notes area here.  Old firmware causes weird problems.

It might be worth removing the camera from Settings, My Devices, your camera and resync.

MdeMK
Tutor
Tutor
The base is on version1.8.10.1_13433
And both cameras are on version 1.092.0.4_13099. When first installing the set both the cameras and base were updates. I do remember the camera in uistion having some difficulties, I had to restart the firmware update two or three times.
I just tried to re synch, restart the base and reset the camera (opening the battery cover) but it did not make a difference. Is there any synch to hard reset the camera? Because after the reset I did the camera name I put in was still there, so that must not have been a hard reset
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The battery reset simply starts the camera fresh with the loaded firmware. To really reset, you need to use the reset button on the Devices tab and remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Start fresh using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Everything will be truly reset at that point.
MdeMK
Tutor
Tutor
I can only remove/restart the base or remote the camera's, not reset the camera. If I do this the base does seem to reset, it went back to the factory name, the serialnumber. But after adding the cameras they still jave the name i gave them. The software version is 2.4.4_
is there a way to force to reload/reinstall the firmware? Or another way to factory reset the camera?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.  The battery pull is the only physical thing you can do.  You can't reload firmware.  As I said before, the only reset is the reset on the base which causes the whole system to reset.  If you removed the cameras and resynced them, that's all you can do relative to the cameras - the rest is system-level.

MdeMK
Tutor
Tutor

I returned the set and got a new one. This one does not have this problem, and works perfectly.