Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Roberob
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry for another thread guys but can't seem to find the answer I am looking for. So I know the arlo pro can be powered through the included USB cable and adapter. I know that it's not weather proof but what I am thinking is running the cable from the outside to the inside so that I can get ac power 24/7. Any thoughts on this?
4 REPLIES 4
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is a rubber plug covering the micro USB port, this is part of its weather proofing. If you had it plugged in all the time outside like that it might make it susceptible to water damage but realistically I think you would have no problem.
Roberob
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. I think netgear dropped the ball on this one because nest new outdoor camera is weather proof and comes with a weatherproof ac adapter
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
On a few sites I have seen that Netgear plans on selling some type of solar panel charging option for these cameras. Interested to see how that will work.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Heck, if you putting the power cord outside, you could easily just use silicon sealant on the plug to prevent it from comming out and weather proof it.

Mind that the cord/power supply isn't rated tobe  outdoors by Netgear AND I believe you MUST use their cable and usb adapter

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------