Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AucuneIdentite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Everyone,

I am using a US-purchased Arlo Pro system in Ireland (and am completely in love with the system!).  I replaced the 110V-in / 12V-1.5A-out power supply with a 240V equivalent and the system has been working perfectly for a month now. Recently one camera went offline.

When I remove the battery and connect the camera to the Arlo USB cable to the Arlo charger (via a US-to-UK converter) it remains offline.

Strangely, when I connect the Arlo USB cable to an *Apple iPhone charger* the camera does come back online!?  

However, when I re-insert the battery (connected to iPhone charger), I get the following message: "The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use an Arlo power adapter."

I now have the camera (with battery inserted) connected to the Arlo USB cable to the Arlo charger as advised in the message above.  However, I am not getting any blue lights to indicate that it is charging.  What I do get, is an orange light flash if I walk in front of the camera?

Can anyone tell me what might be going on?  Any advice you could provide would be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

AI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PRO camera needes a QUALCOM compatable charger...

That is, it can run the camera on any USB charger with 5v( over 1a) but can't charge the battery. The battery needs 9v to charge.

The Qualcom charger can supply both 5&9v depending on what it needs when plugged in

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PRO camera needes a QUALCOM compatable charger...

That is, it can run the camera on any USB charger with 5v( over 1a) but can't charge the battery. The battery needs 9v to charge.

The Qualcom charger can supply both 5&9v depending on what it needs when plugged in

Morse is faster than texting!
AucuneIdentite
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks a million TomMac. I'll acquire a QUALCOM compatible charger as you suggest.