Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro blue light only blinks when a new battery is inserted and it does not sync

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tgonzales88101
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo pro blue light only blinks when a new battery is inserted and it does not sync. The camera was working fine but when removed to charge it stopped. All of the batteries have been tested in other cameras and work. My system is about a year and a half old now so support says I’m out of warranty. Costco says I can still take the system back but I would rather fix the problem.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you post a screenshot of a wifi analyzer graph of the  2.4GHz networks in your vicinity?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and try resyncing. Does the camera LED flash blue slowly before connecting (rapid blue flash) or fails (amber flash)? When syncing, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.

tgonzales88101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve removed and tried to re-sync multiple times but the camera only blinks when I insert the battery. When I push the sync button on the camera it does nothing.

tgonzales88101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m using the google Wifi so it automatically connects to 5.0 I’m assuming.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera doesn't blink slow blue after pressing the camera sync button, you have a hardware problem. Swap at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx