Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bt4run99
Star
Star
First time user sorry if I didn’t post in the correct area. My Arlo pros are dying abnormally fast! I lose about 10% a day even on cameras that are switched off. I got these cameras Thanksgiving 2017. Haven’t had an issue since early May. I got a 4 months before having to charge my cameras. Now in a week and a half my cameras are 50%. Nothing has changed on my end. No new electronics, cameras in the same locations and base unit hasn’t been touched. Only thing that has happened is that update Arlo put out. I even have a camera I charged 2 days ago that has never been used only linked to the base station that is now at 91%. IT’S NOT EVEN TURNED ON!!!!!
163 REPLIES 163
Catbird13
Tutor
Tutor

Sp has mine  had a couple weeks ad batteries are dead!!!!!

alixvincent
Guide
Guide

I have tried the trick of deleting the cameras and re-installing them. My first impression is that they might be doing better. Nevertheless after this fiasco with Arlo/Netgear I am thinking about jumping ship. The most aggravating thing is that they seem to be ignoring the custumers. I need new cameras and I cant in all good conscience buy more Arlos. Anyone have any sugesstions on battery operated cameras (no need to be plugged in) on the market?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@secaz

I see the same thing. Motion detection issues and the USB overwrite simply doesn't work.

@alixvincent

Ring is the biggest competitor to Arlo. They have wireless cams. They do some things Arlo doesn't and Arlo does some things they don't. Without SmartThings integration, for me, ring doesn't cut it.

Blink, Amazon, are others.....

Catbird13
Tutor
Tutor

Been up less than 2 weeks and the batteries are drained   wass told atn Best Buy they last 4 months   Changedn router to channel 1 from auto like told and still not good 

Version
HW VersionVMB4000r3
Firmware1.10.0.8_22190

Fl weather  not cold
Need extremely better battery life   can't get someone to come clib up and bring down careras every week

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Catbird13

You have old base firmware. You should have 1.10.0.9_23037.

Cameras should be 1.092.0.16_21159

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@pc2k17 wrote:

@Catbird13

You have old base firmware. You should have 1.10.0.9_23037.

Cameras should be 1.092.0.16_21159

When did that firmware come out? Mine is the same as @Catbird13.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I really don't know when it exactly came out, just rememeber seeing someone post that another base update came out with no notice about a week or two ago and when I checked mine I saw it was updated as well.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@pc2k17 has it fixed any of the issues? If it hasn't made a difference to motion detection etc I don't think I'm going to try and get it incase there's more bugs!

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

My battery drain was fixed back in June, so can't speak to that.

I still notice motion detection issues, missing my pets and car sometimes, have to be closer for detection to start sometimes while at 100% sensitivity, but it gets the wind blowing the tree branches around real good though.

I have an issue where all my rules in my modes changed their names all by themselves and are now all called "motion trigger". Not sure where that issue came from, firmware, backend, or app. Overwrite USB in app still doesn't work also.

I think that's the only issues I currently have.

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there a fix that has yet been resolved for battery life ? I am so tired of climbing on ladders to get these cameras to recharge every month. I'm actually thinking of just selling them on Ebay and being done with this. Please let me know if there is a fix you can suggest. Thank you 

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've tried the disarm as well and it did not improve battery life much at all. 

biyak
Initiate
Initiate
How do I update the firmware? Mine is still the old one but I don’t see a way to update it. Thanks
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The  "fix" for the battery drain issue was new firmware pushed out several months ago. Unfortunately it did not work for some, and for some others it worked until the next firmware update which started the drain again. Currently all we know is Arlo engineers are still looking into the issue.

As for updating the firmware......... the end user cannot do a firmare update. All base and camera firmware updates are pushed over the internet directly from Arlo.

Note: It's possible the base firware version I have may not be production firmware. At some point I was put into a beta group, even though I didn't know I was, and I had camera firmware that only beta testers had. It's possible the base firmware I have is not in production yet. I really don't know for sure.

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for your kind reply. Im right now at the stage of wanting to get rid of my whole Arlo Pro system. The cameras are high up and I have to climb on ladders every month to recharge the cameras, and the best is that I keep them on OFF. Id reallyt like to be able to keep the cameras on ON and have much longer battery life. If you know of another barnd that's good, please let me know. Thanks again.

Bt4run99
Star
Star
Smart enough to know the difference between a cat and a cat burglar.... but they can’t figure out how to give us the 5 month battery life back.
Smarks
Star
Star
My batteries went from 3 months when new a year ago to now lasting barely a month. So dissatisfied with these cameras. Schedule issues, geofencing not reliable, battery drain. Bug after bug after bug.
Woody614
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also experienced the battery draining issues. I installed the Arlo Pro last August. Same settings, locations etc. Based on the email alerts you get when the battery is at 15% here are my results:

8/28/2017-4/4/2018 (7+ months)

4/4/2018-6/6/2018 (2 months)

6/6/2018- 7/7/2018 (1 month)

7/7/2018- 8/1/2018 (<30days)

8/1/2018-8/26/2018 (25 days)

Very frustrated to say the least!

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Be sure that Arlo/Netgear knows all about it, but for some reason they haven;'t come up with a fix. I have also found that after a few months, the batteries drain faster and faster. I'm probably going to seel my Arlo equipment.

Stunew78
Apprentice
Apprentice

After months of Arlo not acknowledging there’s a problem, I have given up on the company.

Arlo’s silence is deafening.

5ntrol
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a new user and have had my Arlo Pro for less than one month and the camera lasts around 2 weeks. And that is with no recordings, just sitting there checking for movements.

Very very dissapointed with this Arlo system that was supposed to give months of battery life...

Bt4run99
Star
Star
TAKE THEM BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!! These used to last 5-6 months. 🖕🏻Arlo
markoz
Tutor
Tutor

I've also been having issues with the battery life of my Arlo pro system and just found this thread.

I only normally turn my cameras on when I'm away from home.  They used to last for 4-5 months but now die in around 3 weeks.

This is an absolute joke.  If they don't fix this within the next 2 weeks I'll be taking mine back to the shop I puchased them from demanding a refund. In Australia, the consumer law states that a product has to be fit for purpose.  This is clearly not the case with Arlo pro now.

I'll also never touch an Arlo/Netgear product again.

Leahdan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issues with battrey life, used to 5 -6 months, now  3 weeks on active cameras and 2 I don't run very often ( 2 times a month) now get 5 weeks, love these cameras but need a fix as we travel away for a month at a time and now the system dies. Running the old firmware on the base station as well! 1.10.0.8-22190  

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

What amazes me is that Netgear doesn't seem to care very much about the massive negative publicity they are getting with this Arlo product. It would seem to me that they would make this a top priority to solve , unless they are planning to terminate this product line. 

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

What amazes me is that Netgear doesn't seem to care very much about the massive negative publicity they are getting with this Arlo product. It would seem to me that they would make this a top priority to solve , unless they are planning to terminate this product line.