Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro battery failure since last update. Recharged all and in 24 hours, battery is flat.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pawesson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear All, just over the weekend all 3 camera arlo pro batteries went flat. I recharged them all and in 24 hours all gone again. I though this cannot be a triple battery failure. So looked for last update and this was on the 15th September. Its impossible to talk to arlo support. Has anyone else experienced this or can help?

Thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pawesson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, thanks for reply. I had to power cycle cameras due to software update. Now all works fine. Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working fine here. Has anything changed/moved in your environment recently, especially a wireless device being near the base which can cause 2.4GHz interference? Try removing and resyncing one camera to see if there's a difference.

Pater_Patriae
Aspirant
Aspirant
My 4 pro cameras just started doing the same thing... 2 outside and 2 inside. The 2 inside cameras are always disabled and not armed... the outside 2 are on geofencing and off when I am home but on a schedule to come on at night. I recharged all of them last night and now they are down 15% -- even the 2 that are disabled inside ... and there was no motion to trigger the cameras. I have never had issues with battery drainage until now. It has to be related to the last update.
Pawesson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, i talked with support and due to an update the cameras need to be power cycled. No charging cable in. Take battery out for 10seconds and put back in then charge. The cameras basically ise sll there power trying to talk with the hub but cannot due to update. Try the power cycle. If thus does not work remove cameras reset hub and add cameras back. Thanks
Pawesson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, thanks for reply. I had to power cycle cameras due to software update. Now all works fine. Thanks