Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Brehol1961
Follower
Follower

My base station just randomly went offline over the weekend. It is the older arlo pro version however we still like the system but it now says that it won't sync with a 5ghz wifi that has been in place for two years. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brehol1961 wrote:

My base station just randomly went offline over the weekend. It is the older arlo pro version however we still like the system but it now says that it won't sync with a 5ghz wifi that has been in place for two years. Any suggestions?

The base connects over ethernet, and doesn't really care what wifi channels you are using.  There can be challenges with discovery of the base using the app when you reinstall it.  Sometimes it can be re-added to your account using a PC (my.arlo.com) when the app fails.

Did you remove the base from your account?  Or is it still showing off-line?

There are some other users who have recently reported issues trying to re-add old bases to their account, so I am also tagging the mods - @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS - to call their attention to your issue.

elliott8082
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine has done the same thing. It did an app update this passed weekend and now says it can't connect to the 5ghz internet that it has been connected to for a year now. They need to come up with a fix for this. The cameras are unusable at this point. I have 2-Arlo Pro2 cameras model # VMC4030P with a base model #VMB4500.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read @StephenB 's post above? The base does NOT connect to your WiFi since it uses an Ethernet cable for the network connection. 

We need all details as to what you have tried and what you see to be able to help.