Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro VMB4000 Can't get iPhone to detect arlo pro

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Xavier1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have purchased a Arlo Pro VMB4000 but I can't get it connected (amber lights, nothing happens with app or on my mac) because I use 2 routers connected to each other. The Netgear modem is in bridge mode and connected to a Linksys 1900 ACS (with dd wrt). I read somewhere that the base station will display green lights if I open some ports on my Linksys. What is the best way to get the Arlo Pro cameras working?

Many thanks,

Xavier

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

first to eliminate the possible hardware problem of the base...temp move the base unit upstream and see if it comes online.

( test off your primary router )

Or at a different location

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Xavier1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean sorry.

I have just connected my base station to the main router (Netgear cable modem which is currently in bridge mode)

but the lights are still amber. What do you mean when you say "upstream"?

Reagrds

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you just did what Tom was suggesting - eliminate a potential issue with your network.  By plugging into the router connected to the modem, you've eliminated the rest of the network as an issue.

That said, it may be that you have some security settings that are blocking the base's connection to the servers.  Ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com need to be open. You could verify that the router is the issue by powering off the modem and base, connect the base directly to the modem and power on the modem, waiting for it to initialize, and then the base.  If the Internet LED turns green after the base boots, the router is definitely the issue.