Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tspunk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I choose for it to stop when motion stops but it always only records 16 seconds. Help please.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been discussions on this and TBMK, if after the trigger event there is not detected continued motion the camera shut down at the 16 sec mark.

If you don't think is working to suit your needs , I do recommend just picking a set time that does.... remember if the time is used up ( recording ), there is a 5-10 sec delay while the PIR resets ... at which time if it still detects motion the record cycle will repeat.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tspunk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wait, so how exactly will this work?

Let's say for instance i were to jog in place in front of the camera.... should it record until I stop doing that? 

Because I do see motion in my video.  I was taking out the trash on the curb and it detected motion so it alerted me.  It also alerts me when someone drives across the street, further from where I take out the trash.  It also alerts me when I am right in my driveway.  And I am also alerted when I am right outside my front door.  All of these areas are in frame and is an area of motion detection.

Okay, so, if I were to take in the trash barrels from the curb, it detects.  But as I am walking up the driveway, it stops recording at 16 seconds.  But, we arleady know that it should detect all the way up the driveway...

Why would it stop if I haven't stopped walking?

Lastly, let's say sure, motion detection works in a way where it won't capture some of this motion but... CLEARLY there is some type of issue if for some reason 99% of the recordings are EXACTLY 16 seconds long....

You would think there would be some variation?  I'm pretty sure I don't get out there and stop moving at some exact interval every single time....

It's great that it will record someone jogging in place in front of the camera but let's talk real world situation.   That's not something I'm trying to capture on my camera.  I want to capture break ins and security threats.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand it's not working the way you want and maybe I didn't explain it properly as to how it works...

read this thread and see if it helps explain better;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/only-recording-16-or-21-seconds/m-p/1278567#M12685

If you have any further questions, it may help to direct them to @JamesC or Netgear support

Morse is faster than texting!