Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo motion failure

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
cerhorn
Tutor
Tutor

Hardware H11.  Firmware 1.2.16720

I've had the system with 4 cameras for a year without issues.  Recently noticed that motion detection is not as reliable as it was.  All 4 cameras have failed to detect at different times, but not all cameras at once.  They seem to be fine at night with night vision, but during the day they are occasionally failing to pick up the types of movement that they have previously picked up regularly.  As an example, I have one camera facing down from above the front door and it has ALWAYS detected motion when someone comes to the door.  Today, a relative came to let the dogs out and it never picked her up.  

Another example - there is a camera in the kitchen, up high, almost to the ceiling.  It has never failed to pick up my wife arriving home to put away groceries (and she waves at the camera to let me know she is home) - until this week when she stood and waved at it for a while and it never triggered.  Same kitchen, same lighting, same position.  No cameras have been repositioned in months.  What gives?  

1 REPLY 1
ridofrock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same issue...within the same time frame...started late June. 1 camera was not sensing motion/recording. Camera in exact same location for over a year. Batteries at 90%. I tried testing using the motion testing feature and the camera flashed yellow on the test, but still didn't sense real motion. I tried turning it off/on...no help. I cleaned the motion sensor (outdoor camera)...

Finally, I completely removed the camera from my account, resync it to base...basically uninstalled it and that did the trick. I'm not sure why this happened and I don't know when the last firmware update occurred. I had to add a rule for this camera to both the armed and schedule modes and now it works as it did before.