Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Nighthawk117
Star
Star

Since the last update any of my preview images in Library are either dark at night or green/blue during the day.     It seems the library is taking a preview snap shot from to early in the recording file as the cameras are still activating and adjusting image due to sunlight or darkness.      Why can't the coding just be modified so user can decided when to take the preview snap shot.    Say 1 second 5 seconds or 10 seconds into video.   Its same accross the app and chrome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released late last night that resolves this issue. No user interaction is required to see this fix. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue moving forward.

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Nighthawk117
Star
Star

Tech support said to post it here because they can't do anything about it.   So I posted it.    The other thread is just for night vision, it really is for anytime.    They need to make it user adjustable.   And make the Live button smaller or removable.

Nighthawk117
Star
Star

netgear this is not a solution to the problem.

tghosh
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same exact issue iwth greenish/blueish preview images as well as incorrect date timestamp in the preview.  This issue seems to have started a few weeks back with the last or second to last iOS update

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The moderator in here posted in the other thread that he has escalated this issue to the Arlo engineers. Hopefully they come up with a fix soon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released late last night that resolves this issue. No user interaction is required to see this fix. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue moving forward.

JamesC

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, but it's now way too long into the video. Thumbnails are now about  seconds in. Didn't have to be THAT long. Where cars drove by previously I could see them and distinguish from people walking past by just looking at the thumbnails. Now all thumbnails are empty and I have to play them all just to see what was going on. I plead for user adjustable as well. This slowed me way down now.

Nighthawk117
Star
Star

Yes this solved my problem, it would be nice to make it user adjustable.   Also making the play button more transparent or in the upper corners would be nice.  The best and easiest solution would be to make it an option in the library to remove it completely.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I agree on the play button on the thumbnails when you're in the library, it isn't even needed at all actually. You don't have to actually tap the play button, just anywhere on the thumbnail or even on the name of the thumbnail and it starts the playback. The play button in the thumbnail just blocks the view and does nothing else. Once the playback starts then the play button is actually active and needed.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I agree completely.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

So far it kept me pretty busy to go through every video just to see what set the camera off, particularly the ones eith passing cars as they are way faster than humans. I get dozens of videos every night with the same thumbnail, which in my case is actually useless now. I'd REALLY like a user based adjustment that enables me to set it back to the first frame, as the first frame discolorations didn't bother me. But it enabled me to skip all the non interesting videos and just play the interesting ones by just looking at the first frame right away. I understand other user's different requirements, I went through all of them and they make sense for them. For my scenario it was a big loss in functionality.