Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo is currently unavailable?

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
chadm199
Tutor
Tutor

Just bought this arlo pro system ($400+!) and I can't open an account with iphone app or via web browser.  Same message "Arlo is currently unavailable. please try again later".  A quick view of Arlo Community threads and I see that this in not the first time.  Am I to understand that Arlo cameras are useless without an internet connection? Nowhere on the website is this indicated and it's technically unnecessary.  I understand that the system doesn't store images in the cloud without an internet connection but to make the cameras and base station funtionally dependant on a connection is silly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I think I got that error when signing up but it actually did create the account, I tried logging in and it worked even though I got that error.
kenchang408
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the same issue as well

CooperCC
Initiate
Initiate

I've got the same issue as well. Very frustrating to not be able to use this device after spending so much money on it. I tried to set it up on Friday 2/10/17 and again today- 2/13/17 and the same message came up upon attempting to register, after syncing the camera. "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later." There is no problem with my connection to the internet, which leads me to believe it is an issue with the Arlo app perhaps? I am considering returning and leaving negative product reviews unless somebody can explain why this is happening. 

rick6633
Tutor
Tutor

We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I just bought the Arlo Pro cameras. 600 dollars with tax.  This is what I've been getting for the last 24 hours.  This is with both the iOS app, and the web based app.  I have been able to set up the hub, sync the cameras and I already have a netgear account.  Have attempted many times to log into the Arlo acount and get this message everytime.  Does "Arlo" tech support monitor this forum?  Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

All my operating systems are updated as well as the apps.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have not been able to replicate this error message. Does it make a difference if you're using the Arlo mobile app or web client? Do both result in this same error?

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

tecono1
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue - the problem begins when trying to CREATE A NEW Arlo account. 

tecono1
Tutor
Tutor

Further update - I thought i had a workaround by creating a Netgear account first, which got me started in the Arlo app, however once I attempt to agree to terms/service, it fails with the "We're Sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later." message. This occurs in both the website and mobile (iOS) app.  I've not got much time before this gets packed back up and returned, I need the cameras working today. 

chadm199
Tutor
Tutor

I was getting the message on the app and the web portal.  After setting up a netgear account here to ask this question, I went back and logged into the app with my new account info.  I did not receive the error and was able to complete the setup.  I wonder if the problem lies in the new account process part of the set up?

tecono1
Tutor
Tutor

Chad - I think you're right re. new account creation. Funny thing is that I have a Netgear account and once it realizes this in the Arlo app, it attempts to link them. All is good until accepting the terms and conditions. 

CooperCC
Initiate
Initiate

I tried the same workaround but was eventually successful since the app did not require me to register after pairing the camera. It appears to be an issue in the app. I'm surprised it is this buggy. It definitely does not help build a lot of confidence in how the rest of the system will work now... 

tecono1
Tutor
Tutor

Cooper - that did the trick. I got a camera sync'd and was immediately able to complete setup of my account. Thanks for the workaround. 

stilengi
Initiate
Initiate

I have tried this workaround by creating a Netgear account (the same account I am using to post this message) and trying the setup with my established account and still get the error message that Arlo is unavailable.

I have created a Netgear account and attempted the setup from the website and it fails with the error message.

I have tried the setup from the Android app and it fails with the same error message.

During the setup is finds the camera and its serial number and when I click next at that step I get the error message. I have tried everything. Also I have tried calling support, but the "Contact Us" page on this website doesn't work correctly. It asks where I am calling from and when I select United States, it doesn't give me a number to call. This is pretty ridiculous at this point. It seems I am out of options. Please advise Netgear support!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand a small number of users are experiencing an issue with device registration. The engineering team is working hard to provide a resolution. I will post an update as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

JamesC

rick6633
Tutor
Tutor

So, I was never able to setup and connect my cameras with either my iphone or on my Mac Pro Laptop via Safari.  No matter how many times I tried it just did not work.  So, I remembered having a problem one time with some other web application and one of the techs told me to use Firefox.  So I used Firefox and was able to create the account and log into view and make changes on my camers.  Once I acheived that I went back to see if my Iphone app and my Safari would work and now I'm able to connect with them as well.  Can't say why it worked but it did.

I had a problem with one of the cameras because it would not stay connected.  I removed and re synced it several times and I also removed the battery several times in the process and was finally able to get it to stay connected.  Cant say why that worked either.  

Maybe this will also help some of you that are having the same problem.  I hope so.  

rick6633 wrote:

We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I just bought the Arlo Pro cameras. 600 dollars with tax.  This is what I've been getting for the last 24 hours.  This is with both the iOS app, and the web based app.  I have been able to set up the hub, sync the cameras and I already have a netgear account.  Have attempted many times to log into the Arlo acount and get this message everytime.  Does "Arlo" tech support monitor this forum?  Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

All my operating systems are updated as well as the apps.  

rick6633
Tutor
Tutor

stilengi wrote:

I have tried this workaround by creating a Netgear account (the same account I am using to post this message) and trying the setup with my established account and still get the error message that Arlo is unavailable.

I have created a Netgear account and attempted the setup from the website and it fails with the error message.

I have tried the setup from the Android app and it fails with the same error message.

During the setup is finds the camera and its serial number and when I click next at that step I get the error message. I have tried everything. Also I have tried calling support, but the "Contact Us" page on this website doesn't work correctly. It asks where I am calling from and when I select United States, it doesn't give me a number to call. This is pretty ridiculous at this point. It seems I am out of options. Please advise Netgear support!

I had the same problem.  Try using Firefox to create your account and set up the cameras.  Be persistent and it may work.  It did for me.  Afterwards I was able to use the phone app and safari.  Hope this helps.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

stilengi
Initiate
Initiate
The fix worked. My camera is working now.