Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Remington44
Guide
Guide

I've noticed that the thumbnails on the device page are not immediately updating after motion detected/recorded. I've seen timestamps of over an hour when there has clearly been 2 more recent instances of motion being dected and recorded. This is frustrating when I rely on the timestamp to alert me to suspicious activity.

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Remington44,

Have you tried to reboot your base station? What firmware is the Base currently running?

Remington44
Guide
Guide
Yes I've rebooted the base station. The time stamps will only update when i click to view one. The firmware is 1.12.0.0_27099
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Remington44,

Which iPhone are you experiencing the issue with? Is this only happening with a single device?

Remington44
Guide
Guide
It happens on both my iphone 6s and my macbook pro.
jaykay007
Tutor
Tutor

My library are showing time stamps that are off 40 minutes and this is also affecting my schedule by the same time difference.  I checked the time zone in settings and all is good.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

jaykay007,

Are your thumbnails being affected as well on the devices tab? Which phone/computer are you experiencing this issue with?

Remington44
Guide
Guide

The thumbnails on the devices tab is the only thing affected, not when the camera is live. The timestamp updates when I activate the cam to live. Experiencing with iphone6 and macbook pro.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What iOS version are you guys using?

jaykay007
Tutor
Tutor

I actually fixed my issue - restarted the hub and all is good now.

Remington44
Guide
Guide

IOS 11.4.1

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Remington44,

Is it possible to update your iOS to 12.1 and test again?

Remington44
Guide
Guide

phone is now updated to 12.1 and still having the issue...will not refresh the last timestamp until i click for live. will show timestamp of a day ago when i know there are probably 50 motion actions that happened after that.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

rvrolyk
Guide
Guide

Count me in as an impacted user; I just received a notification but the preview didn't match the actual video and none of the other cameras that should've caught the same activity did so (but used to work just fine).  I'm not really sure how much I've been missing but the last time I know things worked correctly was about a week or so ago.

I've already verified all firmware (base and cameras) is up to date and rebooted the hub.  I haven't tried reconnecting all the cameras because it sounds like it doesn't really work and isn't that simple given I need a ladder to reach each one.