Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ddaviddierlam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today i go to my usual Arlo site called "MY ARLO" to check my cameras. The screen is gone. Now all i get is the Arlo logo. Why did Arlo remove this feature? How am I supposed to check my cameras. For the record, the Andriod app seems to work ok and lets me see what's going on. This is not true on my Mac desktop. Everything was fine yesterday, but trying to view Arlo on a Mac is no loger available. WHY??

16 REPLIES 16
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @ddaviddierlam,

Do you have a screenshot to show what you are not seeing on your Mac desktop? And what browser are you using? Is this happening on all browsers?

MichaelB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.  Viewer works fine on my iPhone and iPad, but I just purchased and installed on my Mac and it doesn't work.  I've attached a screenshot.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @MichaelB3,

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookie on your Safari browser and trying on incognito mode to see if that helps?

MichaelB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the response.

I'm running Mojave on an iMac with Safari as my browser.  I launched a new Private Window, then terminated the original window and started up the Arlo Viewer for Mac.  While it took quite a while to initialize (at least a couple minutes), once it comes up it asks me to log in, and then I enter my credentials and click Go/Login, I get the same result as I showed before.

ddaviddierlam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I realized what happened. ARLO took their application off line to make some changes but didn't tell anyone they were going to do it. When we tried to get online, all we got was the ARLO logo. I tried the site later and everything was fine. ARLO needs to learn to communicate more with their loyal customers. It keeps complaints from happening.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

https://status.arlo.com/

Unfortunately, there's no indication of offline.

MichaelB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please dontact me directly? I hate the fact that I’ve hijacked the OP’s thread, plus it appears his problem is resolved while mine is not.

thank you

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @MichaelB3,

You mention "Arlo Viewer for Mac". Is this an application or do you mean you opened up Arlo through Safari?

MichaelB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Viewer for Mac

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you send over the link of "Arlo Viewer of Mac"?

MichaelB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its in the Apple App Store for Mac OS, called "Viewer for Arlo Cam".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the app for mobile iOS devices. The computer uses the URL supplied in the posts above.

https://arlo.netgear.com

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @MichaelB3,

Adding onto jguerdat's response, that application is not officially made by us; you will need to contact the developer for that application if you are having problems. Our recommendation is to view the cameras on the computer through the link that jguerdat has given.

MichaelB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, that makes sense, thanks.  I accessed the URL and can get to my cameras but can not view the live feed.  I can view the saved clips from the Library, but when I try to view a live shot it pauses for about a minute, then just pops back to the last saved view with the "Live" button shown.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sounds like browser permissions to use Flash. How you fix this depends on the browser you are using. For Chrome, there should be a band across the top saying their is a new version of Flash and to click "here". Ignore the statement but do click the "here" to get a pop up that askes you to allow the use of Flash. Clicking Allow will get you going. You will need to do this with Chrome for each Chrome session. Other browsers have different methods.

MichaelB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, that was it, thanks