Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera is dead. Received a charging fault, now it won't stay on. Model VMC4030

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bosox4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased my 4 camera Arlo Pro (VMC 4030) at the end of November 2017.  I spent a lot of money on this system.  I have been very disappointed with it.  I was already sent 2 refurbished batteries to replace the defective ones.   My biggest letdown came this past weekend.  I noticed I received a charging fault on my indoor camera.  I unplugged it as it is always powered via AC power.  Looked inside the battery compartment and didn't see anything.  I tried fresh batteries and nothing.  The blue light stays on for a sec or two and then nothing with both  AC or battery power.  Not good for an indoor camera after not even a year and half of use. Tried to reset the base station and that did not help either.  I'm so disgusted and frustrated.  I was hoping to buy the new Arlo Ultra system but after this weekend I don't think that's gonna happen.   If there is anything different I can do I would appreciate any suggestions.   Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bosox4

Does the camera boot all the way up to where you can access it via the app or web portal, or is it inoperable? 

Bosox4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just get the blue light for a sec then nothing. Totally inoperable. So annoying given it doesn't get used that much and it was indoors.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is that AC cable the original one that came with your camera? Does the battery & AC cable that did not work with the issue camera work with your other cameras?

Bosox4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it's the charger that came with the camera. The batteries I tried in the defective camera as well as the AC adapter do work in the other cameras. It's definitely a camera/hardware problem.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? Support may have some techniques to help the camera come online. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Bosox4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it's out of warranty. They're no help. And it can't come back online if it won't turn on.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bosox4

I will reach out to you in a private message to further investigate this topic.