Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Arlo camera is dead. Received a charging fault, now it won't stay on. Model VMC4030

I purchased my 4 camera Arlo Pro (VMC 4030) at the end of November 2017.  I spent a lot of money on this system.  I have been very disappointed with it.  I was already sent 2 refurbished batteries to replace the defective ones.   My biggest letdown came this past weekend.  I noticed I received a charging fault on my indoor camera.  I unplugged it as it is always powered via AC power.  Looked inside the battery compartment and didn't see anything.  I tried fresh batteries and nothing.  The blue light stays on for a sec or two and then nothing with both  AC or battery power.  Not good for an indoor camera after not even a year and half of use. Tried to reset the base station and that did not help either.  I'm so disgusted and frustrated.  I was hoping to buy the new Arlo Ultra system but after this weekend I don't think that's gonna happen.   If there is anything different I can do I would appreciate any suggestions.   Thanks. 

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 8
Arlo Moderator

Re: Arlo camera is dead. Received a charging fault, now it won't stay on. Model VMC4030

Hi @Bosox4

Does the camera boot all the way up to where you can access it via the app or web portal, or is it inoperable? 

Message 2 of 8
Aspirant

Re: Arlo camera is dead. Received a charging fault, now it won't stay on. Model VMC4030

I just get the blue light for a sec then nothing. Totally inoperable. So annoying given it doesn't get used that much and it was indoors.
Message 3 of 8
Arlo Moderator

Is that AC cable the original one that came with your camera? Does the battery & AC cable that did not work with the issue camera work with your other cameras?

Message 4 of 8
Aspirant

Yes it's the charger that came with the camera. The batteries I tried in the defective camera as well as the AC adapter do work in the other cameras. It's definitely a camera/hardware problem.
Message 5 of 8
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? Support may have some techniques to help the camera come online. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Message 6 of 8
Aspirant

Yes it's out of warranty. They're no help. And it can't come back online if it won't turn on.
Message 7 of 8
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bosox4

I will reach out to you in a private message to further investigate this topic.

Message 8 of 8