Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera amber light not functioning on Motion Detection Test

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
matb1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

One my cameras recently went off line due to i believe dead batterys.

I have sinced changed batteries and camera is sync'd to base station and shows up in the Arlo App and online.

As i had to take the camera down from its mount on the outside wall i ran the motion detection test to get the right coverage however the amber light no longer flashes to show the camera has detected motion. This makes it difficult to position correctly. I've also noticed that when armed the distance it used to detect motion has decreased to the point that you have to wave your hand infront of the camera to get it to detect. When it does detect motion the little running man turns amber in the app so it is working it just seems to have lost its range?

Any ideas anyone?

I removed the camera from the app and resynced but that doesnt appear to have helped.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matb1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, i contacted support last night and they have arranged a swap for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you use the Motion Detection Test, what sensitivity settings have you tried? Have you increased to 100% and then backed it down? How about just trying to move around in the area to see if and when it records? BTW, arm/hand waving isn't a good test since they're relatively small objects compared to your torso.

Fwiw, I don't use the test but just live view to position the camera. That doesn't address the lack of LED, though.

matb1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your reply

I've tried changing the sensitivity and this didnt help.

The camera is covering a set of drive way gates and single pedestrian gate. Before this probllem occured it would detect someone approaching the gate, today i was able to walk through the gate and right up to the camera before the little running man turned amber.

i tried another camera in the same position and this one detected motion from the other side of the gate and also when motion detection test was run the amber light conisistently blinked to show it was detecting.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You're using the Arlo HD camera, yeah? Not the Arlo Pro. 

What batteries are you using?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds very much like a hardware problem since you swapped cameras and the different camera worked fine. Open a case with support here to get a replacement.

matb1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, i contacted support last night and they have arranged a swap for me.