Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
camera223
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have connected my base to my modem/router with provided ethernet cable. The port in the modem keeps a blinking yellow light.  It is the only ethernet connection blinking.  What does this signify?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

Typically, green LED lights indicate that the port is on. If it's green flashing, that means there is activity. ... Amber (orange) can also indicate a failing port or connection. Sometimes, it could be red or yellow, which can also mean bad connection or such.

Try changing port and/or cable

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe the OP is talking about the port LED on the router (he calls it the modem). Because the base uses a 100Mbps connection, the router LED should be amber. 1Gbps would be green but that's simply not needed by Arlo. The blinking generally would indicate data being transferred although that could depend on the specific router. It shouldn't be blinking constantly unless Arlo is streaming video for any reason.

camera223
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. The blinking yellow led is at the end of the Arlo base station cable plugged into the Spectrum modem/router port.  The Arlo cameras feeding the base station appear as working on the Arlo app. Is the blinking led a problem or impairment to either the base station or the modem/router?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both the amber LED and the blinking are normal and indicate a 100Mbps connection with data being transferred.