Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary

After an update last night arlo app on my s5 cell phone will not load. It tries to but flashes off and on over and over. App will still open on the same phone with the legacy mode. I've uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly.

87 REPLIES 87
kimbel_55
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo has updated the App it's available at the Google play store and works fine.

Poppy2350
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re:  Msg 75 and 76

Well, the update popped up and then has sat there forever 'looking' for devices wanting me to add devices that are already there, etc. It just isn't rolling over easy as it apparently did for #76.

My library shows NOTHING. Now trying to reset the base unit. 

I only got the update when I sent an email to Arlo support like someone else suggested. It then flipped over to 'update'. But it's not acknowledging. 

Poppy2350
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update to prior messages.

We had to do a lot more than just 'update'; but happy to say we're both back 'online' with Arlo. 

I'm glad I could see others having the same issue.

Thanks!

signing out

bustout321
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just did update in app store. All good now.
Clanmcd
Initiate
Initiate
Nov 20, 2019 update caused inability to log on, causes repetitive Arlo logo page flashing with blank page. Arlo support useless, reinstalled numerous times, reset phone, and has same problem. Update did not effect Kindle nor PC useage. Downloaded Arlo Legacy which works. Spent hours in chat and on telephone with support. Case was "elevated", and they said they would call back in 10 minutes 2 days ago..nope.
Would like app used prior to Nov. 20 put back online. Can use outdated Arlo Legacy, which surprised me. Arlo update flawed and so is their Support
bustout321
Aspirant
Aspirant
My android phone back up. There is an update in app store.
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
Yay! mine is to! It's a little slow opening but at least it's working for now.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The new update app is still not working right (last 3 digits of 070) I downloaded it this morning and modes are STILL not working right. When going to modes in the app (Android 9 oreo) that show what state the base is in armed, disarmed etc) its  missing and when you want to change to another mode disarmed or armed nothing is ticked if you tick what mode you want to be in it will show the green dot you back out it will show armed for about 2 seconds then disappear again. I rolled back to the 060 app and it works fine. So don't say its working good now its not it still has a bug in the app.

Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
I am sorry yours is not working correctly. I'm so disappointed in arlo lately! Mine is working but very slow to open. Did you open a case number. They were very quick to message me. I opened my case through the arlo support
WileE
Star
Star
Sorry to hear. I have lucked out then as I have been able to close mine working. You may need to put in a new service request ro have your issue singled out as ARLO probably worked on a blanket android fix.
SHDendy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happy to say that the recent update worked and all is good (for now). Thank goodness Legacy was still operational yesterday so that I could keep an eye on my Mom and her caregiver. Thanks to everyone for providing your comments so that I can keep up with any changes. And hopefully everyone's issues are resolved now. Just wish Arlo Support had provided a statement saying that they were aware of the problem and working on a solution.  I never heard back from them. 

Anyway, here's an early Happy Thanksgiving to all!

WileE
Star
Star
Your right about the update reporting from ARLO. I only found out because I was pointed towards the legacy app and when looking for it I noticed update availability for the my ARLO app. No response from the service ticket! But at least we know they were reacting to our needs as the fix finally came in.

Have a great one!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is resolved in the latest version of the Arlo mobile app for Android - 2.11.1. Please make sure to download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app from the app store.

JamesC