Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app stops recording when app is put in background (iphone 11, IOS13.6.1)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pgrdx0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Arlo Pro VMB4000 base station; 3 cameras; latest firmware upgrades.

IOS 13.6.1.  IPhone11

Latest Arlo app installed.

I turn on live recording for one of the cameras.  However, if I put the Arlo app in the background or if the iphone screen times out and turns off, the recording stops.  Is there any way around this?  Trying to record for a few hours to spot what animal is leaving strange footprints in our fenced backyard (day time).

thanks for any tips.. (tried googling, but did not find a satisfactory answer).

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

The cams time out in live recording after around 30 min or so by design so people don't forget about them and drain the battery. What you are trying would drain the battery fast. You are better off going live after an notification alert then go live for hours even if it would let you.

pgrdx0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.. Yes, I see the cam stops recording automatically ~30min when I tried from PC web interface.   I wish there was an option to override it for specific purposes.   I am puzzled though the recording stops when I switch to another app for a few min and then come back to Arlo app.   The only workaround for iPhone issue is to start the recording via PC web interface, and manually restart every 30min a few time...   Thanks again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can supply AC power to the camera with an outdoor supply, you could temporarily subscribe to CVR for this purpose. That's the only way to be able to keep constant recording/viewing going.