Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app stopped working on my old iPad 2. Tried to reinstall and now it says not compatible

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mshumph
Guide
Guide

I actually have the VMB4000 but it isn’t shown in the file list. Hmmm!
I am quite frustrated. The APP stopped working on my old Ipad2 this morning. I tried to re-install it and message said it was not compatible with my iPad. It is now only compatible with IOS 11 and higher. I was not given the option to keep the old version like Ring did. This truly sucks. I have a desktop pc that obviously is not portable. I hate viewing on my iPhone because I can’t see everything. Why are we not given the option to retain the old version? I have spent big bucks on this system and I am not purchasing a new device just for this system. We’ll have to keep purchasing new devices as the old ones age.
This is not right.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running a old iPad with OS 9.35 

the app will not update but the older one still works fine , it's v 2.5.5 from August 2018

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

Welcome to technology.  

Apple moved to 64bit apps either with iOS 11 or 12.  So all apps need to comply with that.

Arlo is continually pushing out new features which take advantage of the more advanced operating systems.

Operating system security is another reason.

So yes, you need more current devices to run Arlo products or any of product that actually updates their features.   

I sure hope your not running your computer on windows xp or Vista.  

PATinTN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your answer about "hope you not running vista or Xp" was pretty rude and inconsiderate. Like a lot of other people, I chose your system for my home and use an extra iPad to monitor the cameras. Now you decide to stop supporting the version that is compatible with my system because you deem it too old. Thanks for the "wonderful" customer support. I'll no longer recommend your product. Gotta go, I hear my doorbell RING.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Take a breath. The person you replied to is another user like you, as am I. If you want to stay with old technology and security flaws, go with it. Of course, that makes you part of the problem, not the solution. Your ignorance/stubborness just leads to more problems, not fewer. Don't be a jerk. Oh, wait, you already are.

lienad2611
Guide
Guide

cute...