Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app stopped working as of 11/21/18 update

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kaiju
Tutor
Tutor

Despite uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo app on an Android phone many times over the past week, the app failed to work from the update on November 21st until tonight. On Thanksgiving I contacted Arlo support through live chat, but no one ever contacted me back to advise that a new version of the app had come out. Turning my cameras on and off and monitoring them could only be done through a computer if one was available at all. 

I tried to log into the Arlo website from the phone, but because it said I had the app, the website would not allow me to log in-- whether or not the app was installed or uninstalled. 

Please notify customers of major issues like outages and app failures. This caused a lot of worry on a holiday and wasted a lot of time. Please also allow us to log into the website on a phone regardless of the app's functionality. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is a status page:

https://status.arlo.com

However, it seems that many times it's not a server issue but something else that causes the inability to connect. I don't know what that has been but could be anything between your home network and the servers, with the ISP and whole Internet being suspects.