Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app not working with iphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to fix problem with help from customer service.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you tried deleting the arlo app and reinstalling it again. Should retain your existing account settings.

surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I tried the problem is it’s not showing any devices on my iPhone but I can go to profile and other setting on my phone.I’m logged on and I’m the admin for acct. My wife’s phone shows cameras and she can turn on or off cameras.

Dannybear
Master
Master

This is something new, I can’t say I have seen a similar issue in the past.

if you login to your account using a pc web browser do you see the same problem. Arlo web portal is my.arlo.com

surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes same problem on my laptop when logged on to Arlo acct. When I click on devices it says add new device same for laptop and iPhone all recording are gone also.

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you have a subscription plan you can access arlo support via the app settings support page.

looking at the forum history, a very similar issue resolution has been to remove all devices and import them again, this will require a complete setup again including granted user setup.

interested if you can see the devices and recordings if you have another iOS mobile device like your partner’s mobile using your login credentials.

there have also been other similar reports a year or two ago suggesting an arlo backend issue suggesting that it may come good by itself. 

surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it works on my wife’s phone no problem. I’ll try to give myself a week or so and see what happens if that doesn’t work I’ll try to install the whole thing as if it was a whole new set up. Tried to subscribe in the past can’t remember why I couldn’t but it wouldn’t let me subscribe just wish I could talk to a live person and get this fixed lol.

Dannybear
Master
Master

The arlo iOS app will not allow you to subscribe, not sure why, they say you have to use the arlo web portal instead.

While you wait you could try deleting the arlo app and data via the iPhone settings/general/iPhone storage path, after it finally loads, scroll down to the arlo app and choose delete which should delete the data also.

i will tag the arlo moderators for their input. @JamesC , @ShayneS 

surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to delete storage and start new by disconnecting everything and setting up again but when I download Arlo app on my phone and open it it’s saying add new device when I click plus sign and go through process it searches for new device but always stops and says no devices found have tried this several times I have run out of options to fix the problem.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Do you get this also if you use the arlo web portal in browser on pc connected to the local network?

surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes sorry not so tech savvy but I tried on my pc and it’s the same. Everything is working fine on my wife’s phone no problems and I’m the admin on the account I think I’m missing something like I said not much of a tech guy. Really appreciate you trying to help me any other suggestions you can come up with I appreciate it thank you.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I can only imagine your frustration, it’s not meant to be this difficult to sort.

unless the other moderators have something to offer, you may want to consider a swap of the accounts using your partner’s phone as the admin login and using your phone with partner’s login. If this works it would get around the issue so you both have access to the cameras.

if you’re phone does not show the cameras using your partner’s login it may point to the phone as part of the issue.

are both phones using the local wifi? Is there any difference if you use cellular data only, if you disable wifi on phones.

surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to fix problem with help from customer service.

joekent28
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue! On the Arlo App under "my devices" nothing is listed there, its like everything just disappeared. When I factory reset my 3 base stations and reconnect all 11 cameras I'm able to get it working again, however the solution only last for an hour or so before everything goes away. The only thing I've noticed is it started happening when I updated my iphone to IOS 16, weird part is my Arlo Account portal on my PC shows everything off line that were connected to my base stations. The only camera still working fine is the Door bell wired camera that is connected directly via Wifi. 

ANY HELP or Advice would be appreciated. 

surfah
Aspirant
Aspirant

They said it was my app being outdated I tried the same things as you did disconnected everything and started from scratch sorry I’m not so tech savvy.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@surfah 

Interesting that you’re app was outdated according to arlo since you indicated that you deleted and installed the app twice previously which should have given you the latest version.