Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mahdouch
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.3, Arlo app is the latest version.

I configured Arlo's geofencing and went through the configuration wizard all the way through. The geofencing is enabled for about 2s after I hit save, then it resets by itself to the "Disarmed Mode". I've repeated this multiple times over the last 3 months and the issue still persists. When I do it again, I have to re-enter everything I entered before (like address, name, etc..). Tried doing it from various locations as well as over wifi or cell phone. Seems like a serious software bug to me. Any help is appreciated since I've bought this specifically for the convenience of this feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

This seems to be a very por way to design geofencing. On mu Smartthings app, it had a map based on my iphone's location showing my iPhome 6 and a circle around my location. I simply had to drag the circle to enlarge it.

Anyway, back to the question. Do you have location services enabled for this app in your iPhone settings. 

I see that another user had an aposrophe in his iPhone's name and it kept doing the same thing you are talking about. If you have any special characters in your iPhone's name remove them and try again.

Are you using a shared account?

Let me know I will try to do a little more research.

Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

This seems to be a very por way to design geofencing. On mu Smartthings app, it had a map based on my iphone's location showing my iPhome 6 and a circle around my location. I simply had to drag the circle to enlarge it.

Anyway, back to the question. Do you have location services enabled for this app in your iPhone settings. 

I see that another user had an aposrophe in his iPhone's name and it kept doing the same thing you are talking about. If you have any special characters in your iPhone's name remove them and try again.

Are you using a shared account?

Let me know I will try to do a little more research.

Brian

Nigel_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brian,

I just read your response on this thread.  I'm having a similar issue.  I did have an apostrophe in my iPhone's name (pretty common) and after removing it, it seems to have resolved the issue.  I'll add this comment in the thread I created and update it after a few days to indicate if the issue stays resolved. Thanks for highlighting this!

Cheers!

Nigel

mahdouch
Aspirant
Aspirant

This was totally due to the apostrophe character in my iphone's name. After removing it, things are working properly now. The app should handle this by itself since most iphones will get Named "FirstName's iPhone" with a non-ascii apostrophe character. It's 2018 folks, anyone can do utf8 !

Thanks