Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Go-Saints
Follower
Follower

It's not the system, it's the app. I've noticed that it frequently freezes on my iPhone and then I have to close the app completely before I can use it. I think it started after the last "update".

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Go-Saints,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and restarting your iPhone? Is this also happening when on WiFi and/or cellular data?

Almbergms
Tutor
Tutor
Our system constantly freezes While live streaming on any device we are viewing from; both iPhone8+’s and gen3 iPad.

System primarily used as a baby crib/room monitor and the constant freezing renders it nearly useless. It’s extremely frustrating and disruptive to restart the app in the middle of the night, and it often locks the device requiring a complete restart...which can take several minutes.

App has been uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times on all devices, and all Arlo components are updated with current firmware.

I really like Arlo products but am currently looking into other competing systems to replace the Arlo, and have difficulty recommending this product to other parents/soon to be parents who are in the market for child monitoring products.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Almbergms,

When you mention that you're system is freezing while live streaming, do you mean that the Arlo iOS app is freezing or the live stream is freezing? Is this occurring when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data?

Almbergms
Tutor
Tutor
JessicaP-
Both. Sometimes the stream freezes and it’s as simple as pressing the stop button in the middle of the screen and then pressing play. Other times the device freezes and it takes a hard restart to get anything to work again. This is across 3 different devices (all up to date OS’s) so it’s not a single faulty device. We’ve experimented both on WiFi and cellular data and both types of freezing mentioned above have been experienced.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Almbergms
Tutor
Tutor
Why doesn’t the Support Team just address it here in this thread so others who may have this issue can be helped as well? Phone OS is up to date, Arlo firmware is up to date, home WiFi router firmware up to date, no other apps open on the background, yet it still freezes and locks the phone when live streaming. This seems like a pretty good description of the problem.