Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app 2.8 crash on launch of Pro camera with iOS 12.4

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
miche001
Star
Star

Just downloaded the new Arlo app (ver 2.8 (909)) to both my iPad and iPhone, and found the app crashes the majority of the time when I launch a camera to view. Have rebooted both, but the behavior continues. Doesn’t seem to matter if I launch a Arlo Pro, or Pro 2 (I have both), nor if I use my iPad or iPhone. Didn’t have this problem with the old app.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @miche001

I am not able to replicate the issue you are describing. Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo app?

miche001
Star
Star

Just tried that - and it may have made a slight difference, as I can sometimes get the Pro2 camera to connect. But all cameras now take several seconds to connect, and with the one exception, all crash after several seconds of attempting to connect. Might note I have 4 base stations, and the problem occurs with cameras associated with all 4 base stations. 

miche001
Star
Star

Have deleted and reinstalled the new app; power cycled the base stations; restarted my iPad and iPhone, and still have the problem of the new app crashing. Sometimes it crashes about 10-15 seconds after launch, and without me doing anything. More often, the cameras load in the app view, but if I try to get one of the cameras to run/open, I get a 'connecting' mesage for 20-30 seconds, and then the app crashes without the camera ever loading. Suggestions/advice??

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the app crashing (force closing), or are the cameras displaying "getting information"?