Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
The tab to change modes will not show up. I've logged out and in several times.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Arlo Community!

We have deployed a fix. The ability to access the modes tab has been fully restored for all Android Customers.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
KarlUK1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem no MODE tab.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I don't have this problem but many do.

Netgear are aware of it and are working on a solution.

Iddqdk
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem with my ARLO .. It's not been working for 2-3 days now.

The only way I can change the "mode" settings, is by doing it online .. This isn't really reliable like it should be.

I've been looking at the PRO series for some time; But I can honestly say now, that's not going to happen anytime soon before they fix their apps (and raise the service level).

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

This issue has been posted in a several other threads. Here is what Arlo said just a few hours ago.

Hello Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. We have identified the issue with MODES that is affecting some of our Android customers. We are in the process of validating the fix and expect to have it verified and deployed shortly. Please stay tuned…

- Arlo Team

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Arlo Community!

We have deployed a fix. The ability to access the modes tab has been fully restored for all Android Customers.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

Arlo Team

____
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ChristineT

Are you kidding me............ still not working, NO MODE TAB. Why are you marking this as resolved when 75% of the customers still don't have a mode tab. I logged out and back in, I restarted phone, I cleared cache and data files, I uninbstalled and reinstall. STILL NO MODE TAB. Get real....... did your "engineers" even test the fix? I guessing no. I'm an engineer myself and if I did such a terrible job at this like your team has done I would have been fired. FIX IT NOW (again)!!!!!!!!!!!

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Greetings @Falseallure@pc2k17@Prostar5@maqs@UsedTo@JonKong@madkiwi,

I am sorry to hear that the issue is not resolved for you.  I'd like an opportunity to work with you directly along with our engineering team to determine the root cause.  If you haven't done so already, please power cycle the base station.  If you have already tried this and still experiencing this issue please send me a private message with your contact information and I'll reach out to you promptly.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

____
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Actually I do not need the mode tab since I always leave the system in armed mode and I have smartthings turn the cameras on or off when needed, so if anyone else wants to work with @ChristineT and you happen to get your mode tab back please post what you did here for others.

Since we all know it's a backend issue I don't see how there is anything Christine can do to solve this, but if anyone wants to try go for it. My guess is once server replication finishes the mode tab will just show up on it's own just like others have reported happening, and just like it took days for some of us to have the tab go missing.

Even though technically I don't need the mode tab, I am now re-thinking my next planned purchase of 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and 4 solar panels.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Greetings @Falseallure@pc2k17@Prostar5@maqs@UsedTo@JonKong@madkiwi and Arlo Community:

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. After working with some of you directly, we have identified an unexpected exception where some Android customers are still experiencing an issue with the Modes tab appearing in the app. We are validating another fix and would like to ask you to confirm if the issue is now resolved for you? You may need to log out or force quit the app and log back in.

We appreciate your continued patience and look forward to hearing more feedback.

Arlo Team

____
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Mode tab is now back for me as of 11:32pm est. I didn't have to do anything, it just showed up on its own. Thanks.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening @pc2k17,

That is great news! Thank you for replying even though it's very late where you are. We just released another fix and are trying to ensure all scenarios work before we make an official announcement. I am super happy that this time it worked for you!!

Kind Regards,

Christine

____
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ChristineT

Good news and bad news.....The mode tab did come back, however whatever you guys did to fix it seems to have a side effect. Three of my cameras are inside my house, one in the garage, and as I was getting ready for bed I noticed the LED lights came on on all 3 of my inside cameras when they detected motion, but those 3 were turned off (disabled). They shouldn't be detecting motion or turning the LED's on when they are turned off (disabled). They had probably been like that for hours because the batteries on the 3 inside went from over 50% charge down to less than 5%. I rebooted the base to get the LED's to turn off, which they did, buy then only one of the four cameras came back online. I then rebooted my router and base and now three of the four are online, one still won't come online. I'll have to try and fix it tomorrow if the batteries don't die over night.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @pc2k17,

I'll take your findings back to our engineers and ask them to investigate further.  

Let's touch base in the tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Good morning @ChristineT

Thaks for being responsive to my posts. I wanted to give you an update. I get notifications from smartthings when my cameras are turned on or off and at 12:50am smartthings notified me that my 4th camera came online. I didn't do anything to get it to come back online, but it took about 45 minutes from the time I rebooted the router and base to come back.

So now I an fully up and running again, motion detection working properly when cameras are off or on, mode tab back, all cameras functioning properly, but...........

Yesterday in hopes to get the mode tab back after the first fix went out, I cleared the data for the Arlo app. This is on Android 8.0.0 in Settings > Apps > Arlo > Storage > Clear Data...... and now I'm getting double notifications. The double notifications has been reported when uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but apparently clearing the data gives the double notifications as well. Please let your support teams know, hopefully they can fix that issues too (although it's unrelated to the mode tab missing issue).

LisaC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem - lost the mode tab entirely.  Apparently the fix has not been deployed to my device yet.  Please send...it's been weeks since I've been able to turn on my alarm setting.  Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LisaC,

Thanks for confirming via pm that a log out and log back in resolved the issue. If anyone is still not able to see the modes tab on their Android device, please let me know.

JamesC

Denida
Aspirant
Aspirant

N

Mine came back on yesterday, so I was able to change the mode settings.  However, today the mode access has gone again

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ChristineT wrote:

Hello @pc2k17,

I'll take your findings back to our engineers and ask them to investigate further.  

Let's touch base in the tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Christine

@ChristineT

After the Mode fix something is seriously wrong. As I mentioned before, my cameras are still detecting motion when they are turned off. They should not be detecting motion when they are turned off. They shouldn't be doing anything. Up until the mode fix they worked perfect for 11 months, now they detect motion when turned off. They don't record anything because the are turned off, but it does drain the batteries very fast.

At first it was doing it on 3 of my 4 cameras. I thought restarting the base fixed it, but it didn't. Next I charged all 4 cameras and pulled the batteries on them. That seemed to fix them for two days but now 2 of the 4 are detecting motion when they are turned off again, which drains the batteries. Right now they are turnd off, but the IR leds turn on everytime there is motion, killing the batteries. I need a solution to this issue. I can't keep charging the batteries every couple of days. If I can't get a solution I'll have to sell the system. Whatever you guys did on the second mode fix, messed up my cameras. Please help!!!!!!!

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ChristineT

Here is some more info to add to my previous post. I have my cameras in Armed mode always. When I am home I turn the cameras off (disabled). I don't disarm. The issue I am having is the cameras detect motion when they are turned off and I'm in Armed mode. This drains the batteries.

Putting the cameras in disarmed mode stops the issue from happening.

When I pull the batteries out and then put them back in the issue goes away. (at least for a few days, then it came back)

One of my cameras is always on and always Armed. The other three get turned off when I'm home and on when I'm away. Using geofencing is not an option because I live in the country and it just doesn't work out here. Creating custom modes to have the one camera on all the time and the other three cameras either on or off could be an option but your app doesn't have a widget for android so that setup is extremely inconvenient. Now I use a smartthings widget on my phones main screen to turn the 3 cameras on and off.

Can you get this info to your engineers and see what they recommend to do to solve this issue. Thanks.