Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMB4000 base station middle light blinking

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Suzie1
Follower
Follower

I have cameras in my 98yo mothers asstd. living apt.  in order to connect to internet, I had to purchase a hotspot and I have a Linksys wifi extender.  I discovered that my hot spot data was being used very quickly.  so to save data usage, I turned the cameras off during the day and then on a night.  while visiting her (the cameras were off!)  the middle light on the base station was blinking!??!  I thought that this only happened when a camera was "in use".  I am trying to determine if my hot spot has been hacked or may cameras, or possibly the wifi extender have been hacked?  trying to avoid hiring the Geek Squad and some help please!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The middle (Internet) LED blinks on activity to the servers and doesn't necessarily imply recording. The system needs to stay connected so it can be accessed and controlled. That data exchange should be minimal unlike recording but I don't have any details as to how much data is exchanged for any time period. If someone else has done the experiment, please speak up.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

The middle (Internet) LED blinks on activity to the servers and doesn't necessarily imply recording. 

Also there is some activity between the base and the router/hotspot (renewing the local IP address for example).