Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Solar Panel Battery Charging Problem

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kenbar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attached my new Arlo Solar Panel to my Arlo Pro. I get a message, The Charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use the power adapter designed for your camera. The regular battery charger works. What's wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@kenbar

To keep the moisture out of the plugs on the camera and the solar panels, Arlo used some rubber sleeves that can make the plugs very difficult to seat properly. First check that you have not bent any pins on these tiny connectors and secondly, you will feel a slight click when the plugs are firmly seated. Try it a few more times, (possibly putting a little grease on the sleeves), and then if that doesn't work try to take it back to where you bought it from and swap it out for another one.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If using "grease", be sure to use a dielectric grease that won't degrade the seals.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kenbar wrote:

Attached my new Arlo Solar Panel to my Arlo Pro. I get a message, The Charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use the power adapter designed for your camera. The regular battery charger works. What's wrong?

Hi Kenbar, 

Have you tried using another camera to see if the problem persits? That will help narrow it down a bit.

kenbar
Aspirant
Aspirant