Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
cgteer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set up geofencing with our arlo pro system, when my husband leaves but I stay home the system arms.  I have checked when this happens and it still shows me as within zone.  Have tried restarting phone and cameras.

4 REPLIES 4
Sancho5
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same problem here. Have 2 phones setup and one of them has status "Out of Zone" red color, the other "In Zone" green color. However Geofancing status still shows "Away" status which I assigned to "Armed" mode.

This is completely contradict what manual states:  

"Arlo cameras use the first in, last out principal within the geofencing feature.

First in, last out allows you to come and go without worrying about arming and
disarming your Arlo cameras. For example, if your roommate leaves the house
before you, your Arlo cameras remain disarmed because you are still in the house or geofence. After you leave the house and both devices are outside the geofence, your Arlo cameras are armed."
Any suggestions?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Generally, this behavior occurs when the app loses connection or the device cannot be located. Many users have had success resolving this issue by checking their mobile devices battery saving settings. Some devices have battery optimization settings that close or put apps to sleep after they have been idle for a period of time. Check your mobile devices settings and be sure that an exception is made for Arlo if you are running battery saving settings.

JamesC

Sancho5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for suggestion.I would agree with this if Arlo App would show both mobile devices as "Out of Zone" mode while one of them physically still inside of the house. But I have Arlo App reported both mobile devices correctly: one of them has status "Out of Zone" red color, the other "In Zone" green color so according to the manual the Arlo system must be in “Home Mode” which I assigned to “Disarmed”. However Arlo system still in the “Armed” mode and activates camera when sensing motion. And both phone received notification that “Geofencing at Home now in Away mode”. Am I missing something?

cgteer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fiddled with the settings on my phone, turning them off and on, and making sure to match them to exactly what are on my husbands phone (which they were already the same) and then suddenly the geofencing works as it should.  I did not changing any settings, cause they were all the same already, but it works now, and I have no explanation.....