Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MonikaSachdeva
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I recently bought a home, the previous owner had the Arlo pro setup, he shared the login and transfer the account to me. Now I see that I am being asked for subscription to view the camera live feeds. these were subscription free devices and I tried everything including reset but still doesn't work. 

please help

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Does this mean you removed the system from his account and added it to yours? Start by going to the affected cameras and removing any activity zones that may be there since those require a subscription. Also, how many cameras do you have? You will get the free 7 day plan as long as there's no more than 5 cameras.
MonikaSachdeva
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I took over the previous account and changed the password. I am unable to change anything on these cameras, it only says paid subscription required. it is an Arlo camera vmc3030 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MonikaSachdeva wrote:

Yes, I took over the previous account and changed the password. I am unable to change anything on these cameras, it only says paid subscription required. it is an Arlo camera vmc3030 

Just to confirm the model - this wouldn't be the Arlo Pro, it would be the original Arlo camera.  It uses 4 CR123 batteries (newer cameras use rechargable batteries).

The VMC3030 doesn't require a subscription to get cloud recording.  

Are you using my.arlo.com on your mobile device?  Or are you using the app?

MonikaSachdeva
Aspirant
Aspirant

It uses CR123 battery, and I am using the Arlo Secure App. and here is what it shows... Screenshot_20240403_190043_Arlo Secure.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How many cameras are in the account?

MonikaSachdeva
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 of these models, and 5 others which work fine without any subscription.

I may not even want cloud recording, but if am able to view the live it will be great 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MonikaSachdeva wrote:

I have 3 of these models, and 5 others which work fine without any subscription.

There is a limit on the free cloud recording - no more than 5 unsubscribed cameras in the account. If you exceed that limit, then all the unsubscribed cameras in the account lose the cloud storage.  

@MonikaSachdeva wrote:

I may not even want cloud recording, but if am able to view the live it will be great 

You should be able to view them live, but as noted above you'd lose cloud recording on all the cameras if you install more than 5 total.

If you have two bases, you could set up a second account and use the friend feature to share the cameras.