Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro wireless Microphone failed connection remotely

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Mcm11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can connect with microphone win hooked to wifi at home but when turn wifi off on mobile iPhone to remotely access away from home I keep getting failed connection message. Micrphone only ,video and audio is fine. New Arlo user and would appreciate any help.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a ticket open on this and would encourage (strongly) you to open your own case.  The last response I got was that they were able to replicate the problem but the solution is to change cell service.  That's a no-go. I'll be escalting this as much as I can.  The cell service meets or beats my cable service for transfer rates so it's not what they're suggesting.  I'll keep yelling and PLEASE add your voice too.

PortablePete
Aspirant
Aspirant
Done did the same. Tried the four things to do and still the same affect from both phones. It would be nice to have resolution to this issue soon.
Mcm11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I have opened ticket. Have tried all of the suggestions on the different blogs. Still absolutely nothing. We have 4 different makes of cell devices at work and neither would work. However, I did have it communicate 1 time out of 70 tries. Must of been a fluke thing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic for further investigation. I will post back with any updates/new information I received.

As suggested by jguerdat above opening a case with the support team on this issue is advised. If you could provide me your case number when doing so (via PM if possible) I will provide any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC

Gwladboy
Tutor
Tutor
Yes our home has the same experience too. Arlo pro, 2 iphone 7s latest os, mic working fine on wifi, doesn't connect on 4g. Everything else works fine on 4g.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gwladboy,

What carrier are you on with the iOS devices?

JamesC

Gwladboy
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, We are both with Three UK
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gwladboy,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Gwladboy
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, I've just logged a case